Truck Accident Statistics
- Every 16 minutes in the United States another person is injured or killed in a tractor-trailer truck accident.
- There are over 400,000 accidents involving tractor trailer trucks or other commercial trucks each year in the U.S.
- Approximately 140,000 people are injured in big rig accidents each year.
- Approximately 3,700 passenger vehicle occupants are killed each year in accidents with tractor trailers or other commercial trucks.
- Large trucks, including semi trucks and tractor trailers often weigh 20 – 30 times more than a passenger car.
- Approximately 700 occupants of large commercial big rig trucks, including tractor trailer trucks, are killed in crashes every year.
- The most common cause of accidents involving tractor trailers and other large trucks is driver fatigue.
- The failure to maintain the brake systems on commercial trucks is one of the most common violations of trucking regulations.
- A fast moving tractor-trailer can take the length of a football field to stop.
- Trucking companies and their drivers routinely violate Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT orders.
- Accidents involving large commercial trucks including tractor trailers often result in catastrophic injury or death. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries and paralysis occur with alarming frequency from these collisions.
- Victims of big rig tractor-trailer / large truck accidents often require expensive medical treatment which may continue for several years and can result in huge medical bills.
- An experienced truck accident attorney can help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to under our laws.
Visit our helpful truck accident links page to gather more information on truck accidents and truck accident statistics.
The big rig tractor-trailer accident attorneys at Hannon Legal Group are well versed in the complexities of truck accident litigation and have successfully litigated truck accident cases throughout Florida and the United States.