Insurance Claims in Miami, FL

Insurance Claims

When insurance companies fail to honor their contractual responsibilities, you can be left with large bills and expenses that you didn't anticipate.



Motor Vehicle Crash


Construction Site Accident


Medical Malpractice


Medical Malpractice


Wrongful Death


Medical Malpractice


Wrongful Death


Car Accident

Locally & Nationally Recognized

Get a Free Consultation

Fill out this short form and we’ll contact you soon.

Or you can call us anytime at 305-358-3109

Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Are you eligible to file an insurance claim?

If you have an insurance policy, you have a contract with your insurance company that requires them to provide certain coverage and the performance of certain duties. In the section below, we delve into different aspect of insurance claims, from homeowner’s insurance to motor vehicle.

Homeowner's Insurance Claims

When your home is damaged by a hurricane or other windstorm, a fire, plumbing leak or a roof leak, your homeowner’s insurance company may be responsible for paying for some or all of the repairs. These repairs can be very expensive – sometimes in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Some insurance companies and their claims adjusters take these claims seriously and work to properly evaluate and pay them. Unfortunately, many do not, opting instead to deny coverage for your claim or to delay the resolution of your claim to pressure you into accepting an unreasonably low offer.

Unfortunately, not all insurance companies or individual adjusters behave the way they should. Unscrupulous insurance adjusters may try to take advantage of your difficult circumstances to gain an unfair advantage and so minimize the amount of money they pay out for a homeowner's insurance claim.


This can leave you, the homeowner, with enormous expenses. The lawyers at our firm are experienced in handling all types of homeowners insurance claims and are available to help you get the compensation you deserve.

Most insurance policies require the homeowner to take steps to "mitigate" or minimize the damage to their house. When a home suffers water damage, the affected area must be dried out in order to prevent mold. If mold is permitted to grow, it can compound the damage to the house.

There are water mitigation or restoration companies that will respond to your home very quickly and take the steps necessary to prevent further damage to your house. Often times they will make arrangements with the homeowner to bill the insurance company directly. Our lawyers are experienced in assisting water restoration contractors in securing the insurance payment they are entitled to.

The insurance claim lawyers and paralegals at Hannon Legal Group are here to help you through every phase of the insurance claims process - from beginning to end. In fact, it is usually best to hire an experienced insurance lawyer as soon as you believe you may have an insurance claim so they can guide you through the claims process.

Holding an Insurer Accountable for Fulfilling its Duties

When an insured individual files a claim with her insurance company, the insurer has a duty to respond to the claim and take the necessary actions to resolve it. The required response from the insurer may vary depending on the type of incident for which the policyholder is filing a claim. Insurance claims often arise when the insured’s property was damaged in some way, such as in the case of a home sustaining damage after a pipe burst or damage caused by a hurricane, or when a windshield on an automobile has been broken.

When a loss like this occurs, the policyholder would file a claim with her insurance company to cover the cost of repair or replacement of the property. In a contrasting example, if a third party is claiming that he or she was harmed due to action or inaction by the insured party, the insurance company may have to defend a claim or lawsuit brought by the third party against the insured individual.

Notice of a Claim

Most insurance policies require an insured to notify the insurance company of a loss as soon as it occurs. For this reason, it is important to provide notice of a potential claim as soon as reasonably possibly after a loss occurs.

Delay in reporting a loss may result in your insurance company denying your claim. However, sometimes claims are denied because of late reporting when they shouldn’t be. If your insurance company denied your claim, you should seek legal advice from an experienced insurance claims lawyer right away in order to preserve your rights. The insurance claims lawyers at Hannon Legal Group are available for a free consultation and to assist you with your claim and make sure your claim was not denied improperly.

Insurance Policy Exclusions

All insurance policies contain exclusions – clauses which exclude coverage for certain types of loss under certain circumstances. When a loss falls into one of the categories that triggers a policy exclusion, the insurance company will usually deny your claim. Unfortunately, some insurance adjusters will try to squeeze a covered loss into an exclusion and deny a claim that should be paid. The application of exclusionary clauses in an insurance policy can require a complicated analysis of several factors. If your claim has been denied because of an exclusion in your insurance policy, you should speak with an experienced insurance claim lawyer right away in order to preserve your legal rights. The experienced insurance claims lawyers at Hannon Legal Group are available to review your policy and help you obtain the insurance coverage you are entitled to.

Commercial Property Claims

Commercial property such as condominium associations, townhouse developments, apartment buildings, retail shopping centers and office buildings are usually covered by an insurance policy similar to a homeowner’s insurance policy. When these properties suffer physical damage from a hurricane, plumbing leak like a burst pipe or other loss, they owners may have a substantial insurance claim. Insurance companies that insure commercial property have duties and responsibilities to the insured entity which are explained in the insurance policy.

Making a claim for damage or loss to a commercial property can be more complicated than making a claim under a homeowner's insurance policy. For example, in the case of a condominium association, the circumstances surrounding the loss and the cause or causes of the loss must usually be analyzed in conjunction with the condo docs and bylaws and with individual renter or unit owners’ insurance policies.

Like homeowner’s policies, commercial insurance policies require the insured or property manager to notify the insurance company of a loss promptly and coverage can be denied for late reporting. Commercial policies also contain exclusions and conditions which may affect coverage.

The trial lawyers at Hannon Legal Group are experienced in representing owners of commercial property and condominium associations for insurance claims for money damages resulting from hurricanes, plumbing leaks and other losses. Our legal team is available to help initiate the claims process and see your commercial insurance claim through to a favorable recovery. Call Hannon Legal Group today for a free consultation about your commercial insurance claim.

Bringing a Bad Faith Claim

If your insurance company treats you unfairly or fails to perform the duties owed to an insured, it may considered to have acted in "bad faith". The policyholder may be able to bring a bad faith claim against the insurance company. Bad faith claims usually involve allegations that the insurer acted in a way that was dishonest, unethical or fraudulent in some way. Sometimes it can be based on the insurer's failure to respond to a claim filed or undervaluing the property at issue.

If a judge or jury determines that the insurer acted in bad faith, the insurer will be found liable and may be required to pay damages to the insured that exceed the amount of money lost by the insured. They may be required to pay the insured's attorney's fees as well.