James Hannon, Esq.
Attorney, Principal Shareholder
- University of Miami School of Law – 1989
- University of Miami – 1986
Local & National Recognition
- “AV Preeminent Rating” – Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- “Best Lawyers in America” – U.S. News & World Report
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” – National Trial Lawyers Association
- “Top 100 Lawyers in Miami” – Super Lawyers Magazine
- “Legal Elite” – Florida Trend Magazine
- “Florida Super Lawyer” – Law & Politics Magazine
- “Legal Impact Leader” – Business Leader Magazine
- “Top Lawyer” – South Florida Legal Guide
- Awarded Membership in Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Bar Admissions / Professional & Community Involvement
- Florida Bar – Admitted, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida – Admitted, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida – Admitted, 2007
- American Association for Justice (Leader’s Forum Member)
- Florida Justice Association (Eagle Member)
- Dade County Bar Association (Board of Directors, 2007 - 2010)
- Miami-Dade Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors: 1994 – 1995, 2002 - 2007)
- Wellspring Counseling, Inc. (Board of Directors 2016 - Present)
- Westminster Christian School (Board of Directors 2008 - 2010)
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Two Hundred Club of Greater Miami
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Chapman Partnership for the Homeless
- Youth Sunday School Volunteer Teacher
Attorney James Hannon is a native of Miami, Florida and a founding shareholder of the law firm, Hannon Legal Group. The firm began on Brickell Avenue in the heart of Miami's financial district and relocated to central downtown Dadeland. The Firm specializes in serious personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, negligent security, dialysis errors, pharmacy errors, premises liability, defective products, crime victim's rights, maritime negligence, insurance claims and legal malpractice.
Mr. Hannon holds an AV Preeminent Rating - the highest rating for legal skill and ethics - in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory and has been repeatedly recognized as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in US News & World Report and Best Lawyers as voted on by his peers, as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers Association, as a “ Top Lawyer ” in the South Florida Legal Guide, as one of Florida's “ Legal Elite ” in Florida Trend Magazine, as a "Florida Super Lawyer " in Super Lawyers Magazine where he was also voted one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Miami for 2012 and 2014 and as a "Legal Impact Leader " in Business Leader Magazine. Additionally, he was awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum which recognizes the “ top trial lawyers in America for their ability to accomplish superior results in large and complex cases.”
Mr. Hannon has achieved numerous multi-million dollar awards for his clients in cases involving serious personal injury, wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, negligent security, defective products, cruise ship accidents, boating accidents, dialysis errors, pharmacy errors, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and in insurance claim litigation in the state and federal courts of Florida. He recently won a multi-million dollar jury verdict which was heralded as one of the largest personal injury verdicts in the state of Florida in 2017.
Active in many legal and community organizations, Mr. Hannon has served on the Boards of Directors of the Miami-Dade Justice Association, the Dade County Bar Association, Westminster Christian School and the Miami Science Museum Reclamation Project. He currently serves on the board of directors for Wellspring Counseling, Inc., a non-profit counseling center in Miami. He is also a member of the National Crime Victim Bar Association, The National Center for Victims of Crime, the American Association for Justice (Leader's Forum member), the Florida Justice Association (Eagle member), The Two Hundred Club of Greater Miami and the Florida Bar. Mr. Hannon has also been a frequent lecturer on the topic of negligent security and has served as a volunteer for Community Partnership for the Homeless and Alonzo Mourning Charities and for his church.
Mr. Hannon earned his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law and his bachelor's degree from the University of Miami.
If you, or someone you know, have been injured as the result of negligence, medical malpractice or a dangerous or defective product, contact us today for a free evaluation of your claim or call us at (305) 358-3109. You deserve the best representation available and that is what our trial lawyers strive to provide at Hannon Legal Group.